Friday, October 20, 2006

Schmooze it or lose it

Last night I did a gig with Likha at the Asian Art Museum in SF for the Ayala family art foundation (or something like that). There was a great crowd that assembled of people of all different backgrounds. Likha has actually done several events here so this was nothing new to them but since I've kinda left the gig circuit this was my first in a long time. We had a respectable performance, some delayed music transitions and whatnot, but all in all it went well. We were then invite to see works of several famous Pilipino artists which were beautiful. It was a little crowded though and people seemed to be just milling and not really reacting to the art. I heard a lot of conversations but not about the art or the artists. Later, we then made our way upstairs where there was food and alcohol. The food was great (they even had lechon!) and the alcohol was mainly wine. It was a well-dressed crowd and although I only knew our Likha peeps I felt like we fit in just perfectly. Since I really don't know the "Who's Who" of the Pilipino community in the Bay Area I'm sure there were several. And I'm looking forward to the next time I can hob-knob with the best of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home