Monday, January 08, 2007

Back To The Hotel

I'm here again, late night/early morning at the hotel. We had such a long week and weekend, between work for the wife and I as well as taking care of the boys and preparing and going to the Likha retreat. I had been putting a lot of hours in at the hotel but this week I only worked on thursday night/friday morning. But that also meant going to the bank the following morning and then going to the retreat that night. I actually made it through the whole day and only fell asleep late friday night while at Bodega Bay.

The next day was the big retreat and it was a lot of fun. First off, the place Herna got was beautiful. Sure it was scary driving out there at night and you weren't really sure if you were following the yahoo maps correctly but if you did, you made it there within the projected time. The house was huge with several bedrooms and a bonus room upstairs. If this was a house closer to the Bay Area it would top 1 million easily and it may very well have been one even in the deep part of Sonoma county. Positivity flowed throughout the day and we achieved a lot of things as well. Hopefully it translates to a good season but so many things can happen throughout the year that you just can't predict. And although the wife and I both have a lot of things we'd like to accomplish this year outside of the dance troupe we just see it as such a big part of our lives that we can't walk away so easily.

The nice thing about the hotel is that as soon as I'm done with my end of the night duties, which is usually around 2:30-3:00am, I don't have much to do except sit here and go on the computer. I might try to take a nap but you never know when someone might show up for a late check-in. Also, other vendors like the pastries guy or the newspaper guys shows up throughout the night that you have to be ready for them. Monday morning, I was planning on going to work at the bank but unfortunately our babysitting plans fell through so I'll need to stay home with the boys. Oh well, if I can just get them to keep their rooms clean. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home