Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last gig of the year

The wife and I went to Chinatown in SF last night for her old co-worker's wedding. The Chinese banquet was great with a ton of food but check this out. We were seated with several of her old co-workers in a table in the back. The only problem was that they weren't there yet. We sat at a table getting dish after dish all by ourselves. First the jellyfish, then chicken, then honey walnut prawns, then soup, then scallops, then duck, then rice, you get the idea. Thankfully, some people who were sitting in the vegetarian table who weren't vegetarian ended up joining us.

Later on, when the dancing started, I got the dancefloor moving. Then I noticed the Serato was acting up. It would cut out the song in mid-stream and then catch up later. The whole while though, the song would go quiet. I tried not to panic and ended up trying to reboot and play regular cds for awhile. I ended up doing that for the rest of the night. I've been really loving the Serato because I'm able to pull music left and right without changing cds. I was getting a nice flow but now it was taken away from me and I had to go back to the old way (not that old, but old enough).

The wife and I got to do a little dancing as well since it started to thin out and everyone was just chillin. We were doing our worst "Dancing With The Stars" impression. When we were packed up I ran to the garage up the street to get the car when I was joined but a couple who were guests as well. The wife looked at me and then looked surprised, realizing I was the deejay and that I was also dancing. She said you looked much bigger out there on the dancefloor. But now that I see you you're not that big. That right there made me want to hop on a treadmill and run for miles. If I could only keep that as a new year's resolution for 2007.

2 Comments:

At 11:30 PM , Blogger CLS said...

hey let's make it a joint resolution, bro. happy new year and much love!

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger Gary said...

Count me in

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home