Thursday, November 30, 2006

Chillin at 3:34am

I'm here on the graveyard shift with Patrick who is showing me the ropes. He's a really nice guy, Pinoy, older at 38, and we're pretty much done with what he does every night as the Night Auditor. Basically it's closing out the day's totals and getting reports ready for the day shift to look over. Tomorrow when I come in I'll be running all the reports while he watches and assists me. From the looks of it, although it's a lot of reports and paper it's really straight forward and once you get the daily reports done, the rest of the night is yours. Right now we're chillin at our PCs, me on my Mac that I brought since we've got wireless all over the hotel and it's free. I'm actually in the lobby in front of the fireplace. Never had a job like this before.

So as fate goes I received two phone calls, each of them from previous employers. My last place, the one that laid me off, has a position in security which handles things like VPN for employees. I know I can get that one done. The other is from BofA, also at my old department but in a different position. As much as I love BofA it's a lot further with a bridge to cross. But I know I could hop into the position and run with it. I'm interviewing this morning for the security position. If I take it I'll do part-time here at the hotel. I like it here and the wife loves the benefit of a cheap room at any of the Hilton family hotels, 39.99 a night...

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM , Blogger Mel said...

$39.99/night??!! that's awesome! good luck!

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Gary said...

I was staying at the embassy suites for the company rate of 179. 39.99 is a deal!

Gotta love the free wireless ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home