Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Me and Paris

Well, it's been since May that I've been chillin at home and taking in that unemployment check. Well, looks like those days are over. A buddy of mine works at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fairfield. (We did a gig there for Likha.) They were looking for someone to be the night auditor, a graveyard shift, and they found their sucker. With my unemployment kinda waning and a need to do something other than stay home, I decided to give it a shot. From the manager's perspective, the one who interviewed me, he sold me on the ability to move up and move up quick. With my position, I'm going to have to learn the in's and out's of the whole hotel. Of course, there are Hilton and Embassy Suite hotels all over that give me the opportunity to move around as well. I believe that I fit this job well in that I have great customer service skills. I have a feeling my experience at the Oakland Arena as a Luxury Suite Concierge is going to pay off. There's not too many places where you have people who have a lot of money and like to let you know about it or people who think they're important just because they're in a suite as a guest. The hotel and the suite are going to be very similar. The position will be Sunday night to Friday morning so I'll still be able to do gigs Friday through Sunday. They are also very flexible with schedules and that is also one of the reasons I took the job. I'm still hoping I can do the dj thing full-time. I'll still do my best to get that done, but now I have an opportunity to sell my business to wedding clients to our hotel as well. I can even get on the preferred vendors list. So I'll be looking our for Paris Hilton when she makes her trip out to Fairfield. I'm also looking forward to blogging about things I encounter at the hotel late at night (wink, wink...).

3 Comments:

At 11:15 AM , Blogger bev said...

congratulations!!

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger Gary said...

sweet!

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger ojpt said...

congrats! I've always been interested in the hotel business. The reason: lurking behind those well manicured grounds and squeaky clean floors, all hotels have an element of seedy underworld. Don't believe me? Watch the movie Dirty Pretty Things.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home