Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I can breathe!!!!

The House of Representatives has been returned to the people, not the Republicans. I say the people because they represent us. Not just their own political party but all of us in this great country. Republicans have lost their priorities. They are Republicans first and Americans second. They only care about staying in power. Well, the American people called them on it and have booted them out of the House and now the Senate may go to the Democrats as well. That will be an amazing feat and will show that the American people have awaken and are ready to take the country forward together. One party rule has shown itself to be such a tremendous failure and truthfully, the Republicans asked for it. Good for them. Now it's up to us to keep the pressure on the Democrats to continue to move forward and listen to what Americans truly want, world peace.

6 Comments:

At 11:44 PM , Blogger neekoh said...

if it wasn't for Mark FOley, I think the Republicans would have kept control. As much as I believe in what the Democrat core beliefs are, I can't help but be disappointed in the Democratic agenda and strategy in the last 10+ years. I think Angelides' campaign summarizes it well, attack the Republicans for what they're doing without really giving us what you're going to do differently. I hope Pelosi can bring these folks together nationally to actually reform some of the worst things about the current state of affairs.

COnsequently, I couldn't get myself to vote for Angelides. I voted for Camejo. If only Camejo and Nader can get some funding to promote their agenda, we'd be better off.

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger DJ John said...

I voted for the Green party candidate instead of Feinstein for senate. I love Camejo too but I have heard Angelides speak and he's very good. He didn't get much love from the media. Arnold was just too damn popular.

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger triple5funk said...

"As much as I believe in what the Democrat core beliefs are, I can't help but be disappointed in the Democratic agenda and strategy in the last 10+ years."

My thoughts exactly. And to add to that - a lot of Democrats elected/or ran appear just as conservative as their Republican opponents (umm hello Harold Ford, Jr.). The Dems need to grow a backbone and stay with it rather than towing the middleground because obviously for the past 14 years that hasn't worked.

I switched from Independent status back to Democrat, now I'm hoping the party gives me something to hold onto.

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Ah, you can't trust any politicians, no matter what party they have allegiance with. I vote for anrchy, every man/woman for their themsleves and damn everyone else. pretty good eh.

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger neekoh said...

big sexy, i agree with you had things started off fairly. now though, if anarchy ruled, those already with power/money would take control easily. I'd love to stock up on some nukes first before we get to anarchy.

How about that Rumsfeld, huh? Yeah, yeah!!! Anyone know if Mr. CIA is any better?

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger DJ John said...

The new Mr. CIA is another hack! Read here: http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/110806R.shtml

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home