Friday, December 29, 2006

All Over The Map

I'm here again at the hotel on an early friday morning. I've been at the hotel practically every night this week, although I haven't stayed all night, just training on what I need to know and then going home for the rest of the night. Tonight though is an "all-nighter" night. Luckily, the houseman with me is cool and we've worked it so that each of us can take a nap while the other stays awake. I'm finally getting the hang of the night audit and am more confident with what my duties are and how to fulfill them.

I'm starting to see the ugliness in some guests. Some people complain about everything. One lady who has been here all week complained four days later that her room smelled of smoke. She's on the non-smoking floor with a non-smoking room. The other day, some couple came in and started taking items from the coffee area like tea bags and sugar. She took the whole bin and was going to take it to her car. Then, she and her boyfriend began taking food from the fruit area, dropped the plate while making a big scene, and then tried to take more food. She didn't even try to clean up what she dropped. She was actually stealing from the buffet and then we ended up calling the police. They had a car with stolen plates, nice. Another night some people were smoking weed in their room and being loud. The lady who complained about the smoke complained about their noise and it turned out there were three girls partying with some guy, drinking as well. We called the cops on them but the girls left. We warned the gentleman that he'd be removed from the hotel. When he checked out his credit card was declined. I wasn't here at that time but I don't know what I'd do at that point. I'd be furious first of all but the customer service in me would get it straightened out.

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM , Blogger CLS said...

note to self. do not steal tea bags from hotels. tacky. leave bad credit card at home.

i learn so much from you! ;-)

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger DJ John said...

VC = Winner of the worst guest of the year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home