Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas baby... And a Happy New Year

I'm here at the hotel, doing my night audit thing. I started at 10:00pm, X-mas eve, and it's now 3:30am, X-mas day. The wife and kids are staying in Concord with her brother and his family. She did such a great job this year of preparing all the gifts and making sure we didn't miss anyone. I'll be getting off at either 6:00 or 7:00am, depending on the person who's coming in after me. It's really dead here. The houseman here with me is kind of new also so we're both winging it, as far as what we're supposed to be doing. I've been working almost every night here trying to get the hang of what needs to be done. I run reports, close out credit cards, all those things involved with a hotel. It's my first night to be by myself and so far it's been pretty easy. I was really scared of doing it considering at this point of the night, the hotel is mine. I'm the manager of a 150 room hotel, yikes.

A lady just arrived as a walk-in. She was Pinay and she flew in from NY via Atlanta. She is the ambassador to South Africa for the U.S. Really nice woman who said she spends a lot of time in Europe, Luxemborg to be exact. I told her about Likha and mentioned that we'll be in Spain and Greece next year and that she should bring us in somewhere. She's also in NY so I said "Send us there!" We'll see since I'll be giving her my card and I now have hers.


When I'm done here I'll be going home to sleep and then meeting the family at my mom and pops place where my side of the family is meeting. My mom is cooking a prime rib so I'm looking forward to that. The boys are going to be so spoiled this year because I know all of their relatives and family friends have hooked it up. Even the wife and I have been spoiling them all the way up to X-mas. After my parents house we'll be going to the wife's side of the family in Lafayette. Thankfully we don't have to drive far this year. I'm actually working again at 11:00pm X-mas night here again so I can't stay out too late.

On a quick note, I've been a big ebay whore, bidding on all kinds of things left and right. I Won a bid for some new Kenneth Cole shoes but the seller sent the wrong shoes as mine were switched with another winning bidder. We're supposed to swap shoes but mine haven't arrived yet whereas his has. Also, we bought the wife a new camera, much like Ms. Luzon's Canon. It should be arriving after X-mas. Lastly I've been bidding on a new MacBook Pro adn use it as a business expense. I'm going to overhaul and redo my whole music list for the year so that I'm not overloading what I bring to gigs and it'll be simplified, I hope... I'm looking to get a 15 or 17in core duo or core 2 duo with at least a 120g hd and 1gb mem. I've lost a couple of bids which I'm actually thankful for as they got pretty high. I've also looked on the apple.com site for refurbished ones. It still looks like the ebay macs are less expensive but you never know if your seller is a bad one. That's a lot of money to be putting out and getting nothing in return. So i'm on the look out if you know of anyone getting rid of one.

Merry Christmas everyone and thank you for all of your love and support in one of the tougher years I've experienced. I'm looking forward to seeing my boys smiles when they get their gifts. The wife and I took care of each other already but we'll take joy in seeing our family go through another blessed year.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM , Blogger Gary said...

Your best bet is to go refurbished. Refurbished macs go through more testing than a brand new mac. New macs come in lots. They test 1 mac out of a "lot" and if 1 is good, then they assume all is good.

Wait till next week for macworld. Everything should go down even more for an older model. Or maybe I'll sell my 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo ;-) Keyboard lights up, great for DJ gigs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home