Friday, December 22, 2006

Him Got Too Many Jobs Man...

I'm the computer guy, the hotel guy, the deejay, the emcee, the house cleaner... Oh boy, where to begin. So you know that I've had a ton of gigs this month. I've got a couple coming up, one next week and one in January, but nothing like this last rush of parties that I went to in December. Along with that, I'd been trying a new schedule at the hotel. I was going to do Night Audit full-time and be at the hotel Sunday through Thursday. After seeing my paycheck I realized there was no way we could continue that unless I had a gig every weekend to supplement the income. But I don't so I looked around and lo and behold I received two calls, one from BofA, my old place, and the other from the place with no internet that laid me off. After careful consideration, mainly commuting and the kids school, we went with the one that laid me off. At first I felt as if I was tucking my tail between my legs and running back but after looking at it from afar, they rewarded me with one of the biggest breaks I've had in a long, long, long time. Thankfully the wife was so supportive. All of you who helped me get gigs here and there, especially the Tuason's on both side, made my summer for me and my family amazing. I still got to do some projects for the house. We took an amazing vacation this year and I still got to spend time with my sons. Now though, with all the jobs I'm taking on it's been a little tough on the family but it's temporary. I'll be doing part time at the hotel and one of my buddies will be joining me there as well. I've got a whole new position here at the bank, Information Security Officer, with a new duo core PC and INTERNET! They even gave me a cellphone so I'm carrying two around on my belt like a nerd. (Gosh, I never thought I'd need to do that!) I'm still close to home in both jobs and soon enough the wife will be working closer to home with her new startup. Looks like the Laxa family is ending the year on an exciting note and that 2007 is looking bright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home