Monday, March 19, 2007

Finally, Bring That Beat Back, has come back...

to the turntables. Yes, we gigged this past saturday. I had a wedding close to home, in Green Valley, for an old classmate from grammar school and high school. She's a year behind me and she actually found out from her co-worker, who is my old co-worker, that I was deejaying. She told me that I would get to see some old school folks and sure enough I did. It was really cool and weird at the same time but all good. We got to play a whole ton of different genres since they were an older white crowd. We played some hip hop here and there, but no hyphy and not much new stuff. Since Moe gave up red meat for lent, he gave me his steak. The plate had both salmon and steak, mmm mmm. Oh, and it was open bar, hosted.
On a side note, in my rush to get to the gig, I was loading up the van while also getting the boys ready since I had to bring them to my mom. I was in the garage with my house slippers moving things. After I got all the stuff, my clothes, dress shoes, the boys clothes and the like I rushed into the van and left the house. I always worry about leaving things plugged in like the toaster oven. I made sure that didn't happen. I was almost at the freeway when I realized my feet felt really light. I still had my slippers on! I forgot to throw on my tennis shoes. I remembered everything else but that. I called Moe, asked him if he'd left which he hadn't, and then asked him to bring me some slippers, the athletic kind. Embarrassing...

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM , Blogger Gary said...

I almost did that before. Luckily, I looked at my feet before pulling out the garage.

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger bev said...

Haha, I did that (at least)once too...but luckily we were still close enough to go back.

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger CLS said...

Intriguingly enough, I've done the same thing...sometimes mixed up socks. and BTW Mango has a certain video he says you wanted to see. email him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home