Monday, February 19, 2007

Switched hours at the Heartbreak Hotel

My buddy is leaving the hotel so that he can pursue his new found job as a real estate agent. With that change the hotel offered me the Manager On Duty for the evening shift. So instead of working 11pm to 7am, I'll be coming here after the bank at 6pm until 11pm. Here and there I'll do the Night Audit shift but this MOD position is cool because it can set me up to be a manager in the future in a bigger position. We'll see. I'll be here four days a week and with these hours I'll be mainly checking guests in to the hotel. This is the general arrival time, after dinner, when late flights arrive for business guests and whatnot.

I still worked Night Audit on this past saturday which was funny. There were two big parties that were going on. One was a surprise party for Pete Sanchez, the Filipino mayor of Suisun City. The other was a 20+ high school reunion for Vacaville High's Class of 86. Being that it was Vacaville, especially in the 80s, you can kind of guess what the crowd was like. One thing for sure is they love their alcohol. When the bartender came by to drop his cash he showed me a huge envelope with bills. I think it came out to 1100 bucks. What's cool is watching these people and seeing what time has done. Most guys were balding while many women were showing cleavage but what stood out the most was they showed their age. Time does not do the caucasian race good when it comes to physical appearance. Gotta love those Asian genes! When 12am came rolling around, they were still loud as ever straggling out in the lobby looking for the next party. All good though since it kept my night busy keeping an eye on them and making sure they didn't disturb our hotel guests. I'm looking forward to my 20 year next year!

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Blogger Gary said...

Peal cream baby.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home