Monday, January 22, 2007

The Long Road Back

After buying a nice Samsung DLP tv and the NFL Championship Sunday all raring to go I went to Likha practice. Instead of pro football in HD it was steamy studio in Oakland. No sooner than we arrived Rudi calls all the guys and it's knee-spin time. With all the new guys and the oldies we all lined up one right after the other turning to Rudi's rhythm. I knew I got the email but for some reason I just didn't think I'd make it out onto the floor but sure enough, me without my kneepads but wearing jeans I gave it a shot. Mind you the last active thing I've done is play softball back in October. Even then in softball I'm not moving around as much but here in the studio I can tell it's going to be a long day. I can tell that my body still knows the movement and I'm able to do them but I can feel a tingle in my hamstring just warning me be careful. Also after four or five turns in a row (thank God Moe had kneepads to share later on!) I was getting dizzy. It was almost like being at a picnic and playing "dizzy-izzy", the game where you spin around a bat and then try to run to a spot. Later, it was uya-oy which for the most part again, I still remember and can do. The hamstring was looking at the other hamstring wondering what the hell I thought I was doing with this old body. They held up though although they're making me pay for it today.

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

I was sore for 3 days straight after that Sunday I visited. Aray!!

Was great to see you and dance Uyaoy again.

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home