Friday, February 23, 2007

My heart aches for an old friend

I was given the sad news just yesterday about Sam Largo, my friend and many others, but from that moment until late tonite did it hit me. I've lost family members much older who've spent many years on this earth. When I was in my teens I lost one of my best friends to a car accident and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. So now, to lose a friend who has lived as long as I have is heartbreaking. When someone leaves this life one of the things I think about is what were they were able to accomplish while here? Did they get to live a prosperous life? Were they able to contribute? I know that Sam did both but it hurts me knowing that he still had so much more to give. His work in the community was amazing. The stories he told me of the kids he worked with were at times heartbreaking but he showed so much compassion and care that you could feel that he was making a difference. No matter how difficult things got he still pressed on and did his life's work. I'll miss sharing the stage with you. I'll miss seeing you out of the blue when I least expected it. I'll miss your stories. I'll think of you often and pray that you're safe as I'm sure you are.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home