Monday, August 15, 2005

Great weekend but also tiring...


Like the wife said the family reunion was awesome, especially DJ Bolo! It was an amazing turn out with relatives all over the place. I knew I recognized my old co-worker, Connie, from my Wells Fargo days. She was the hottie co-worker that everyone went ga-ga over. My good buddy actually dated her. Funny! Anyways, we prepared for the party all week. On Friday we picked up supplies from the David's house. If you ever need anything for a party, they have it, no doubt. They are the most generous family I have ever known, hands down. We also practiced with the Likha CoCo kids. They are a great bunch of kids. I help the boys out a little and it made me wish I was on stage in Brazil. Even just thinking of the movements and then seeing their eyes when they see what the dance looks like makes me long for a return. After practice we finally made our way home. It takes about 40 minutes to get back to the Double V from Concord. When we got home I noticed something about the house. The cement path along the house that was just laid no longer had the wood frame surrounding it. I thought that was nice and that they were really getting somewhere. When I got inside, I looked out the sliding door to the backyard and lo and behold, the backyard was done! Lawn all green, bark surrounding the back, and my Japanese sand garden was all there. Luckily we got the plants on time as well for it was all laid out along the outer rim surrounded by bark. He even implemented the wife's gardenia and another flower inside the sand garden. It's almost like going to the bathroom at a restaurant and then coming back with your food all ready to go.

The parties on saturday and sunday were great. As all Pilipino parties go, plenty of food. Saturday I didn't eat too much since I was busy helping with the event but on Sunday I tore up the chinese food that we had. All my favorites were there, salt and pepper pork, prawns with honey walnut sauce, bok choi with mushroom. If we had tomato beef noodle it would have been over. It was really a generous weekend.

It's my turn to return the generosity and pickup UPSer at the airport tomorrow. I can't believe they're all done. I'm sure I'll hear and read plenty of stories which I'm looking forward to as well as pictures.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Thanks for getting me at the airport last nite, even though I was delayed for what seemed to be an eternity.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home